Our Messianic Congregation
Shalom! Kehilat Ari Yehudah was formed in 1995 when the L-rd raised up a community of individuals to bring Messianic Judaism and revival to the Yardley, PA, area. This area, midway between New York City and Philadelphia, is home to one of the fastest growing Jewish communities. Ari Yehudah is a Messianic synagogue comprised of both Jewish and non-Jewish believers in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus), the Promised Redeemer of Israel. We believe that Yeshua broke down the
As Yeshua (Jesus) taught, the greatest commandment is, “You shall love the L-rd your G-d with all of your heart, with all of your soul, and with all of your might. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets”. Mattityahu (Matthew) 22:37-40.
As a congregation, we strive to uphold these commandments.
- to worship the L-rd in spirit and in truth (Yochanan [John] 4:23)
- to share the good news of salvation in Yeshua the Messiah with both Jew and non-Jew (Mattityahu [Matthew] 28:19-20; Romans 1:16)
- to diligently teach the Word (2 Timothy 3:16)
- to honor and glorify the L-rd in all that we do (Colossians 3:23)
- to raise up disciples to maturity and vision (2 Timothy 2:15
- to interact with, build-up and be of encouragement to the greater Body of Messiah (1 Corinthians 12)
- to do good works, not as a means of salvation, but as a viable way of living out our faith (Ya’akov [James] 2:14-25)
- We believe in the Tri-Unity of the Godhead; the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
(Yoch. [John] 10:30)
- We believe that the Scriptures are the inspired Word of G-d and that both the Tanakh and the B’rit Chadashah (The Older and New Covenant) are equal in importance.
(2 Tim 3:16-17)
- That Yeshua (Jesus) is the Lamb of G-d, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the Messiah, the Holy One of Israel and the only way of salvation.
(Lev. 17:11; Isaiah 53; Yoch. [John] 3:16, 11:25-26,14:6)
- We believe in the present day ministry of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) as attested to in Scripture.
(e.g. Joel 2:28-29, I Corinthians 12:4-10)
She came to faith in 1982 after a year-long study of Scripture led her to a personal relationship with Yeshua the Messiah. Continuing her intense personal study of the Word, Peggy had many questions concerning Israel’s place in Scripture, as well as the Jewish people and their relationship with G-d. She was introduced to Messianic Judaism in 1987 by the late Rabbi Judy Madans, a pioneer in the Messianic movement. For twelve years Peggy served at Ari Yehudah in many capacities including as an assistant to Rabbi Judy, a variety of teaching roles and a member of the Board of Directors. In October of 2007 upon a clear direction from G-d, Peggy was appointed the Congregational Leader of Ari Yehudah. Peggy’s passion is the study and teaching of the Word. Her desire is to see and be a part of the body of Messiah fulfilling Yeshua’s words in Yochanan (John) 17 to walk in unity, displaying the love of the Father for each other and for the lost. Peggy’s late husband Buddy was an integral part of the ministry at Lion of Judah. He was committed to serving the L-RD alongside his wife and together they ministered in Israel, Russia, Argentina, and most recently (in 2010) in Belarus. “The memory of the righteous is blessed.” Prov. 10:7
Peggy lives in New Jersey and has three grown children and three grandsons.